Thursday, March 12, 2020

who will play who?

I've found my artsy queen!!! Her name's Hannah Miller and I've never met her in real life. Ever since I figured out what my film opening was going to be about I've been bothering my friend Teresa to act in it because A, we're good friends, and B, she's really into theater. However, after showing her the script she thought her friend, Hannah would be better for the role. She told me Hannah's good at playing quirky, witty characters, which bodes well for me because although I don't want my character to be super eccentric or upbeat I do want her to be a bit of a smart ass. So I got her number and hit her up. She seems reliable, or at the very least answers back faster than I do. She was also really nice and seemed pretty enthusiastic so I'm looking forward to shooting with her.

I also got my friend Kathy to play the supporting character. Originally, I was considering asking Kathy to play the main character but since I had been counting on Teresa at the time and never ran into her during school I never asked. Then I found Hannah. Then I asked Teresa to play the supporting character and she ended up saying no. That's when I remembered I could ask Kathy, who does theater here at Cypress. So, I reached out to her today and she said yes! My only problem now is that I'm considering switching the roles. I know Kathy pretty well and she naturally looks like an artsy character whereas I've never met Hannah. But I Teresa vouched for Hannah's acting and I've never even seen Kathy act before. Actually as I'm writing this I'm realizing that I never clearly explained the scene or the roles they would play, just gave a quick summary of what my film was about. Okay, note to self: be more clear when casting people...or just in general. Anyway, I have to make a choice soon because I need to send them the script so they can prepare. I'm going to go with my gut and choose Kathy as the main character and Hannah as the supporting character.

One last thing: now that I've decided their parts and written the script, I need to choose their names. I've chosen the names Kiara for the main character and Olivia for the supporting character. I've always liked the name Kiara; it's not generic but isn't super obscure so people can remember it. And I chose Olivia because it's still a nice name but doesn't overshadow Kiara plus, after seeing a picture of her, I just think Hannah could pass as an Olivia. I still have to decide on the name for the film, but that's for another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Byrdie baby!

The time has finally come. Without further ado, here's Byrdie: https://vimeo.com/407450605 password: byrdiefilmopening