Thursday, March 5, 2020

some updates

Sooo I think I might be a perfectionist. My parents have always told me this but I always sort of brushed it off because I can also be really careless. However, today I think they're right.

About two blog posts ago I recorded how I made my dolly and it went great, seemingly. But when I started practicing my camera movements I realized that the wheels didn't allow me to complete circular movements smoothly so today I set about on fixing that.

At first I thought it was the wheels themselves so I went out and bought fixed wheels instead of swirly wheels. I also only put three on, hoping it would give me more control of the dolly.

But that didn't work so then I changed the direction of the wheels.

Still not it. So then this time I swapped out the fixed wheels for the swirly wheels like I originally had it. Except this time I only put three.

Finally. It works just like I want it to. Still not perfect but it's the best I'm going to get out of a DIY.

Besides from the dolly I have a couple more updates on equipment:

The lens repair is going to cost me $300!!!! Which is the same price for a brand new lens. So, I called up my sister and she agreed to send me her old lens (same one as mine) since she never uses it anymore. I'm just hoping she'll send it in time for spring break but it shouldn't be a problem.
Also I ordered a cheap steadicam off amazon. Other than that I'll probably need to borrow a mic from my teacher but I think I'm set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Byrdie baby!

The time has finally come. Without further ado, here's Byrdie: https://vimeo.com/407450605 password: byrdiefilmopening