Friday, March 27, 2020

costume design

So it's the day before filming!!! Ahhhhh! So tonight I'm deciding what she's going to wear. There's no "real" way an artist dresses and I know the way people my age dress so I think this is more about what I want the character to be than it is about research. But that doesn't mean I'm throwing everything I've learned out the window either, I've got my color theory notes! Looking though them I've decide I want my character to wear yellow because it's associated with brightness and satisfaction. I figure that as the film goes on and Byrdie becomes more engulfed by her frustration and desire for validation, the shades of yellow will get paler or maybe she'll start wearing a darker color. So here's the outfit I came up with:


Also picked out this colorful knit sweater. Not exactly sure how I'm going to fit it in but I feel like it'd be a shame not to include it; it's definitely something I could see a painter wearing. Plus, I think it'll look good on camera since the walls are a cream color. Also, I texted Jinelle and told her to wear blue because cool tones are suppose to be tranquil and her character is suppose to be a calm friend. That's all for this post. I'll be back after my first filming day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Byrdie baby!

The time has finally come. Without further ado, here's Byrdie: https://vimeo.com/407450605 password: byrdiefilmopening