Tuesday, March 3, 2020

please let me use your song

I am going to be honest: I did not enjoy this. It took me way too long to figure how to get a license and my eyes hurt from looking at the screen, but hey at least I'm done.

Here's a summarized version of what I did, with all the mishaps excluded:

I googled music licensing and learned that what I need is a synchronization license. Then I found a wiki-how on how to do it.

I went on a BMI to find out the publishers for the song
Then I looked up rough trade songs music licensing
And I just followed the instructions for synchronization licenses at the bottom
Filled out the form on Word, emailed it to info @bankrobbermusic.com, and bam! All done. Now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Byrdie baby!

The time has finally come. Without further ado, here's Byrdie: https://vimeo.com/407450605 password: byrdiefilmopening