Thursday, April 9, 2020

making changes💥

Hello, I am a crazy person who changes plans like five days before her project is due. Okay, let me explain. So I was thinking about how the opening ends and I decided that having Byrdie go back to her studio, try to work on her painting, and ultimately stopping doesn't make sense. I feel like that sort of level of frustration or lack of inspiration wouldn't make sense in a film so early on. It also puts a downer on the whole scene and doesn't really entice people to keep watching. Plus, it introduces the character as someone who gives up easily which is not who I want Byrdie to be. So my solution is to go back to my old house for the third time and record a different ending. I've already edited about a minute and forty seconds and I have the timing planned out so I think making this change won't be that hard. I'm going to go shoot footage tomorrow so updates then!

--------------------------

Wait I just realized I forgot to explain the change. Basically I'm going to have the main character talk to herself in the mirror after social media, saying something along the lines of "Paint something great." It'll be longer than that, of course, but the idea's that she puts pressure on herself after comparing herself to people online. So to be clear, Byrdie paints to the music, goes to the bathroom, spends time on social media, talks to herself in the mirror, and walks out the bathroom. Okay, now I say updates tomorrow.

--------------------------

Heyyy, it's the next day. I recorded the ending and now it's time to edit it in. It took me longer than I expected but that's mostly because I kept re-watching the footage I had already edited and nit picking. Then, I sat in the bathroom tub thinking about whether or not my opening was even good after getting tired of trying to find the right position for my tripod. But I finished. It might not be the absolute best but I took a lot of takes so hopefully some of them will work. Now I just have to finish editing all the main things and send the video to the music publishers. They've signed off on me using the song since it's going to be password-protected on vimeo but they just need to make sure nothing insane happens. Anyway, next time I'm on here I'll probably be reflecting and then I'll be posting my official film opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Byrdie baby!

The time has finally come. Without further ado, here's Byrdie: https://vimeo.com/407450605 password: byrdiefilmopening