Thursday, April 2, 2020

another update/filming day 2

I don't really know what to call these posts anymore. Everything is just an update since it's only really editing and CCR stuff from here on out. Today I went back to get some more footage and it went pretty smoothly but I don't feel satisfied and I don't know why. But there's a stay-at-home order that becomes effective tonight so this could be the last time I get footage. I feel unsure of this project and I don't really know why. I think I just need to finish and get constructive criticism. On a brighter note, I've decided to change the way I'm editing the part of my opening where Byrdie's on her phone. In Eighth Grade there's this scene where Kayla's on her phone and videos of what's on her screen are layered over close-ups of her. I thought this was a really great way to show visually how submerged Kayla is in social media while clearly displaying the content on her phone so I think I'm going to try something similar. I found a song to play in the background for that part, too. It's copyright free but it's not from the youtube library because I couldn't find anything I liked on there. Instead I signed up on Artlist for free and downloaded a song called Blanket. Since I'm using the free version of Artlist the song is interrupted every ten seconds with an automated voice promoting Artlist but I can edit that out. Oh, and I forgot to mention this on my post about filming day one but I found a video that gives instructions on how to achieve a "cinematic look" with your camera settings so I'll link that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Byrdie baby!

The time has finally come. Without further ado, here's Byrdie: https://vimeo.com/407450605 password: byrdiefilmopening